Information on the right of revocation
Right to revoke, consequences of revocation and special notes
Right of revocation
You can revoke your contractual declaration in writing (e.g., letter, fax, email) without giving reasons within 14 days after conclusion of the contract.
Your revocation period starts after you have received
• the insurance policy,
• the policy provisions,
including the General Insurance Conditions applicable to the contractual relationship, which in turn include the tariff provisions,
• this information sheet,
• the fact sheet about the insurance products,
• and the other information listed in section 2
in each case in writing.
Timely sending of the revocation statement is sufficient for complying with the revocation period. Please send your revocation to:
The Insurance Company, c/o DR-WALTER GmbH, Eisenerzstraße 34, 53819 Neunkirchen-Seelscheid
If you wish to send your revocation by fax, please send it to the following fax number: +49 22 47 91 94-40
If you wish to send your revocation by email, please send it to the following email address: email@example.com
Consequences of revocation
In the event of an effective revocation, the insurance coverage shall end and the insurer shall reimburse you for the portion of the premiums attributable to the period after receipt of the revocation if you have agreed that the insurance coverage shall commence before the end of the revocation period. In this case, the insurer may retain the part of the premiums attributable to the period up to the receipt of the revocation; this is an amount equal to the number of days during which insurance coverage existed multiplied by 1/365 of the annual premium. The insurer shall reimburse any amounts to be repaid without delay, no later than 30 days after receipt of the revocation.
If insurance coverage does not commence before the end of the revocation period, the effective revocation shall result in any benefits received being returned and any benefits derived (e.g., interest) being reimbursed. If you have effectively exercised your right of revocation with regard to the insurance contract, you shall also no longer be bound by any contract related to the insurance contract. A related contract exists if it is related to the revoked contract and concerns a service provided by the insurer or a third party on the basis of an agreement between the third party and the insurer. A contractual penalty may neither be agreed upon nor demanded.
Your right of revocation expires if the contract has been completely fulfilled by both you and the insurer at your express request before you have exercised your right of revocation.
Further information required for the start of the deadline
With regard to the further information referred to in section 1 sentence 2, the information requirements are detailed below:
Information requirements for all classes of insurance
The insurer is required to provide you with the following information:
1. the identity of the insurer and of the branch, if any, through which the contract is to be concluded; the commercial register in which the legal entity is registered and the corresponding registration number must also be provided;
2. the address for service of the insurer and any other address relevant to the business relationship between the insurer and you, in the case of legal persons, associations of persons or groups of persons also the name of an authorized representative; insofar as the notification is made by transmitting the contractual provisions including the General Insurance Conditions, the information shall be provided in a prominent and clearly designed form;
3. the insurer’s principal business activity;
4. information on the existence of a guarantee fund or other compensation arrangements; the name and address of the guarantee fund must be provided;
5. the essential features of the insurance benefit, in particular information on the type, scope and due date of the insurer’s benefit;
6. the total price of the insurance, including all taxes and other price components, with the premiums shown individually if the insurance relationship is to comprise several independent insurance contracts, or, if an exact price cannot be stated, information on the basis of its calculation, enabling you to verify the price;
7. details regarding payment and fulfillment, in particular the method of payment of premiums;
8. the time limit of the validity of the information provided, for example, the validity period of limited offers, especially with regard to the price;
9. information on how the contract was drafted, in particular on the start of the insurance and the insurance coverage, as well as the duration of the period during which the applicant is to be bound by the application;
10. the existence or non-existence of a right of revocation as well as the conditions, details of the exercise, in particular the name and address of the person to whom the revocation is to be declared, and the legal consequences of the revocation, including information on the amount you may have to pay in the event of revocation; insofar as the notification is made by transmitting the contractual provisions, including the General Insurance Conditions, the information shall be provided in a prominent and clearly designed form;
11. a) information on the contract period;
b) information on the minimum term of the contract;
12. information on the termination of the contract, in particular on the contractual terms of termination including any contractual penalties; if the notification is made by transmitting the contractual provisions including the General Insurance Conditions, the information shall be provided in a prominent and clearly designed form;
13. the member states of the European Union whose law the insurer uses as a basis for establishing relations with you before concluding the insurance contract;
14. the law applicable to the contract,
15. the languages in which the terms and conditions of the contract and the advance information referred to in this subsection will be communicated and the languages in which the insurer undertakes, with your consent, to communicate during the term of this contract;
16. possible access for you to an extrajudicial complaint and appeal procedure and, if applicable, the conditions for such access; it must be expressly stated that this does not affect the possibility for you to take legal action;
17. name and address of the competent supervisory authority and the possibility of lodging a complaint with this supervisory authority.
End of information on the right of revocation